CRCT Investigation Report: Cleveland Elementary School | Schools
Cleveland Elementary School
2672 Old Hapeville Road
Principal: Dr. Rhonda Ware-Brazier
Testing Coordinator: Lillian Jackson
SRT-2 Executive Director: Michael Pitts
ATLANTA -- The Governor's Special Investigators who looked into allegations of CRCT cheating in Atlanta Public Schools determined that cheating happened at Cleveland Elementary in 2009.
One teacher, Alvia Barnett, admitted to investigators that she prompted students who had answered questions incorrectly to go back and check their work. "She also rephrased an answer if she thought it was a word the student was not familiar with."
Principal Rhonda Ware-Brazier denied knowing of any cheating, but said that retired teachers proctored the 2009 test and erased stray marks on the answer sheets. (320)
The report released Tuesday also revealed that testing coordinator Lillian Jackson admitted to giving teachers a five to 10 minute opportunity to erase stray marks at the end of every testing period.
Investigators concluded that Barnett cheated on the 2009 CRCT, but Ware-Brazier was not aware of it. (321) Ware-Brazier is still principal of Cleveland Elementary, according to the school's website.
Upcoming Events near East Point
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running