I-285 SB open after chemical spill | News
ATLANTA -- All lanes on I-285 southbound at Washington Road are shut down due to corrosive material in the roadway. The Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT) expects the roadway to be clear by 10:30 p.m.
According to reports, a truck leaked the chemicals, isopropanolamine and polymine, onto the roadway, around 5:26 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon.
Officials from the City of East Point say that the leaking chemical "was contained to one area of the expressway" and that it didn't get into the sewer system.
There were no accidents of injuries reported during this incident.
Upcoming Events near East Point
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds
- Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon Will Attract Thousands to Atlanta for Eighth Annual Running